Sunday 16 August 2009

Small Spree


After saying I was budgeting I should have known what would happen! I've been busy shopping for 'necessities' lol




I have got:

Naked Boost Hair Treatment
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay shadow box
Rubie and Millie shadow quad in 'Natural Eyes'
Gosh slanted fine eye liner brush
Benefit Erase Paste

Its thankfully not as bad as it looks, the Rubie and Millie quad was free as I spent £20 on Urban Decay in Boots, which is pretty good! There's a good choice as well, you can either get my natural eyes quad, a lip quad, a shadow quad with dark glittery colours, or a cosmetics bag.

I got the the erase paste as my current under eye concealer's pot has broken, which is incredibly messy when I take it anywhere, and not very hygenic so I thought I'd get this after seeing good reviews everywhere - it is pretty good! Being a student I have developed the usual dark circles and this seems to do its job well enough, covering them enough so I look like I've at least had some sleep.

The brush I had to get as I'm ALWAYS losing my liner brushes, I think this is my 3rd repurchase a few months I have no idea where they all get to!

The only other thing I've used is the hair treatment, as I'm still reeling a bit from spending so much on make up (not used to un-drugstore brands!) so I don't want to start messing about with the products until I have a reason to, which is ok as I'm going out tomorrow night so I'll see what I can come up with from the UD pallette then. I think the R&M quad will be perfect for daytime eyes so I'll probably get stuck into that for lunch with friends tomorrow :)

The hair treatment being the thing I can write about properly just now, I'll do a little review on it!

First Impressions

When I caught sight of this on the shelf, I was impressed at the size of the tub. It is simple packaging which goes along with the brand's selling point of being 97% natural with as little artificial ingredients as possible. I opened it up for a sneaky peek at the product and the scent is quite strong, it smells quite earthy/planty but it is a nice smell.
It calls itself a nourishing vitamins hair treatment, containing vitamin E, provitamin B5 and provitamin A which are meant to encourage healthy hair and scalp. We all know how important vitamins are so I decided to give it a go to try and help my poor head.

First Use

As per the instructions I washed my hair (with Naked's detox shampoo/conditioner), and then worked a generous scoop through, brushing with a comb for full coverage. I was a bit naughty and left it on for a couple minutes longer than the recommended 3-5, but I went back in the shower and spent a while making sure it was all washed out.
I worked some volumising mousse/heat defense through and blow dried on a low heat/speed setting, and I have to say that if nothing else, this treatment is great perfume for hair! Even after a couple of hours, and some other products, the scent is still lingering in my hair. Its ok since I like the smell but for someone who didn't that might be an unwelcome surprise.
My poor unhealthy scalp feels moisturised and nourished, and my hair looks and feels well conditioned and quite healthy. The product claims to improve manageability and I would say it definately has, although I'm sure the mousse will have helped as well.

All in all, I really enjoyed using this product as a treat for my hair, and I love the packaging and the ethos of the 'natural' Naked company so I think I'll try a few more bits and pieces from this range :)


1 comment:

  1. Oh good to know it works I like the Naked range for price and product. I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete