Tuesday 18 August 2009

Eyes

UD pallette top l-bottom r : Smog, Mildew, Oil Slick, Last Call, Chopper, Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, Sin


I have now tried out my new shadows! I have to say I'm not sure about the Rubie & Millie Natural Eyes quad on my complexion though :( I'm quite pale and I think brown doesn't compliment my hazel eyes/fair brown hair very well. The shadows themselves were nice to use, they went on really well and were easy to blend. I'm starting to wish I'd picked up the other quad with dark glittery colours, as they'd make fun liners

When I first put it on I overdid it a 'bit' on the dark brown, so I went over the whole lid again with the white so it was a bit toned down. I also used the Benefit earase paste and I love it!

I had more luck with the Urban Decay Pallette, I know violets are good for my colouring so I went for a purple look, with Polyester Bride on the inner corners, Grifter on the lid and Last Call on the outer corner into the crease. I used Oil Slick as a liner across the top lid as a liner with Rimmel Colourstay liquid liner along the lash line and MeMeMe Fat Cat mascara.
I didn't use a liner on the lower lash line as the amount of black on the upper line seemed heavy and I didn't want to overdo it. I was very impressed with these shadows, they glide on so easily, have hardly any powder fall out and the colours come out strong, Oilslick especially was a nice surprise as I often find dark shadows to be very messy but this easily made a neat line :)

Not very clear but I like putting pics in, excuse the weird looking eyebrow as well that one refuses to look nice ever & bad angle :/


All the shadows I used have a nice amount of sparkle to them although last call is more of matt colour, which is always fun for nights out but theres enough neutral colours in there to make this pallette perfect for anything!
I had heard UD were good, and now I've tried this pallette I'm going to have to keep buying their products. I used Too Faced shadow insurance underneath, which is also a new favourite as usually by the end of the night I'm lucky if I have any eye makeup left on, if not all piled under my eyes - it stayed put the whole time with this :D
The pallette contains 10 of UD's best selling shadows so its no surprise that all the colours are outstanding. I've only used it once and I'm worrying about what I'll do when one hits pan already!


No comments:

Post a Comment